I believe you relish taking a shower in a bathroom that is clean and shines with natural freshness! There is a strange ecstasy at play while having a relaxed shower in a dirt-free tub. And, of course, you enjoy every moment of your stay in the bathroom and have enormous sense of satisfactions and accomplishment for turning your bathroom into the most relaxed place because of unspotted milieu.
Not only you, almost this is the outlook almost of all of us want our bathrooms to have and all of us want to have bathroom bliss coming in the wake of unstained mirrors and surfaces, bright white porcelain and unstained toilets.
But the question is often how to wash fabric shower curtain and keep the bathroom bliss intact?
First of all, you need to have a fabric shower curtain along a liner in the bathroom. The liner does an important job. It proves as a buffer against all those things that can rob your bathroom of its natural ecstasy and can turn it into the messiest place. The liner, which actually is fit next your to your shower curtain and is inside the tub, keeps soap, shampoo, conditioner and water from splashing on to your bathroom floor.
But sometimes, the shower curtain and the liner, instead of maintaining a perfect look of your bathroom, rob it of its natural freshness. They get scummy from use of products you make use of in daily shower and also because of the daily shower you take. Sometimes, because of hard water usage, mineral stains appear on them. They become dingy peppered with orangey yuck. And, also, at the bottom, mildew start appearing.
I am sure none of you want your bathroom to be in such a messy state? And, you must be desperate to bring back natural outlook to your bathroom via fabric curtain shower and liner, which begs the question as to how to wash fabric shower curtain.
Well, in the later portion of this article, I am going to share with you some ways about how to wash fabric curtain shower and liner in a way that they bring back natural bliss to your bathroom which it has lost because of stains appearing on them.
Normally, fabric shower and liners become unsanitary because of consistent buildup of level of soap scum, mildew and mold. Majority of shower curtains can be washed in washing machines. However, they can also be hand-washed. In the latter case, you can scrub it with baking soda and water.
First, let’s talk about how to wash fabric shower curtains in washing machine.
Following are the steps you need to follow if you want to learn how to wash fabric shower curtain in washing machine.
1. Unhook the fabric shower curtain along the liner in the bathroom and place it in the washing machine. Make sure to remove metal hooks from the shower curtain before you place in the washing machine.
2. Along shower curtain and liner, place one or two towels in the washing machine. The towels prevent the shower curtain and liner from getting wrinkled and sticking to itself. Towels also help shower curtain and liner from getting torn apart. Apart from this, towels help in scrubbing of the shower curtain while washing machine is going on. Make sure that the towels you place with the shower curtain and liner in the washing machine are cleaned.
3. After this, add laundry detergent in a normal amount that you would like to use for a load of laundry. Also, add half a cup of baking soda. If the shower curtains are bigger in size, quantity of baking soda can be increased.
4. Now, turn on the washing machine by selecting the highest cleaning level. Moreover, make sure that shower curtain is being washed in warm water.
5. If your shower curtain is mildly dirty then addition of baking soda and detergent can work; however, if there are a lot of stains on the shower curtains, you can add bleach. When can you add bleach? After adding baking soda and detergent, you can switch on the washing machine. When the washer fills up with water, add half a cup of bleach. One thing you need to beware that you can only add bleach if your shower curtain is white or transparent. For colored curtains/liners, try Clorox 2, OxiClean or another bleach alternative instead.
6. When the washing machine switches to rinse cycle, open the washing machine and add a half cup of distilled vinegar. After this, restart the washing machine and let it finish the rinsing cycle.
7. Once curtain shower along liner gets washed for a certain duration of time, you can take them out of washing machine. Don’t dry shower curtains. Hang it back in the shower. It will dip-dry itself.
Are you wondering how to wash fabric shower curtain using your hands? The following are the steps you need to follow.
1. Make a clean microfiber cloth damp with water and sprinkle baking soda over it in way that the cloth is coated in a layer of baking soda.
2. Scrub the shower curtain with the cloth having baking soda on it. Instead of focusing on set-in stains, focus on removing the basic dirt on the curtain via scrubbing the cloth along it.
3. Now take a new cloth and make it damp with warm water. Scrub the shower curtain with it in a way that no trace of baking soda is left on the shower curtain.
4. Now, take the microfiber cloth again, dampen it and sprinkle baking soda over it. This time, scrub it across shower curtain and focus on removing all those stains that you glossed over in the first attempt.
The final step on how to wash fabric shower curtain using your hand involves again taking a new cloth and making it damp with warm water. Scrub the shower curtain with it. Make sure that it removes the residue of all baking soda on the shower curtain. Make sure that you rinse the curtain until no trace of baking soda is left.
•Before you add any detergent, baking soda or bleach while washing shower curtain via washing machine or hand washing, make sure you test all these cleaners on a small portion of curtain and confirm whether it causes any discoloration or damage. If it does, don’t use them and look for better cleaners.
•Before washing your shower curtain, make sure you read its care label. Most of shower curtains need washing in washing machine. Some require hand washing. Others require other kinds of washing methods. Try to follow care label and wash your shower curtains accordingly.
•After cleaning your shower curtain, act proactively so that mildew and mold don’t build up in future. For this, make sure that you spray shower curtain with a mixture of half vinegar and half water each day. Also, make sure that you wash the bottom of the shower curtain with water and vinegar each week so that any soap scum and mildew don’t build up on the bottom of the curtain. Last but not the least, make use of body wash instead of bar soaps as bar soaps usually cause scum.
And there goes our guide on how to wash fabric shower curtain. If you have a fabric shower curtains along liners in your bathroom and you think that the messier looks your bathroom has is because of dingy shower curtains, you really need to wash them and bring back bathroom bliss to your bathroom which you can only actualize in meticulously cleaned bathroom via washed shower curtains.
If you wash your shower curtains once in three months by following all the proactive steps that are required to keep your shower curtains clean, you can enjoy natural freshness of your bathroom for a year.