Bamboo floors are extremely strong, good looking, and come in various types and styles. However, they have a high chance of getting scratches or dents. If you are the owner of a bamboo floor, you may know how frustrating and exhausting it can get when it comes to cleaning the floor. But worry not as I am here to give you some pretty tips and tricks on how you should keep your bamboo floor clean without harming it.
Protection- Good preparations result in good outcomes. So before you start, try to get cleaning tools that are gentler on the floor as bamboo floors are really sensitive. When you are cleaning, the chances are that you may need to move your furniture, which can leave dents and scratches on the floor. So get a furniture moving product or a furniture felt pad available on the market.
Cleaning tool- You can use whether a vacuum or a broom. If you go for a vacuum, make sure that it is lightweight, has enough power to pick up dirt from the cracks, and is designed for lifting pet hair. If you choose a broom, you have many options. A microfiber mop will be good as it lifts the dirt instead of brushing it around like the traditional brooms. If your floor has hand-scraped finishing, you must go for a dust mop.
Liquid Cleaner- Most cleaners for hardwood floors are also safe for a bamboo floor. But make sure that the product is PH-neutral as it is the safest way to keep your floor in good quality. You can discuss with your flooring manufacturer for their recommendation on cleaning products.
- Install the pads or floor protections on your furniture.
- If you are using a vacuum, be careful of any sand or dirt that is hidden in the wheel, which can potentially leave scratches on your floor. If you are using a mop, make sure that the mop head is properly clean.
- It’s advisable to test your cleaner before using it. Spray a little bit in an inconspicuous area and wipe away after a minute. Inspect for any discoloration or declamation. If it proves to be safe, you are ready to use it.
- Spray the cleaner in small sections on the floor. Start cleaning your floor from a corner and keep going towards the door lest you should get trapped in a corner. Walking on the wet floor while cleaning may leave footprints on the floor.
- Make sure that there is a decent amount of air circulation so that your floor can dry up quickly. In case there is not enough air circulation in the room, you can try to pass over it with a dry and clean mop.
- Make sure to clean your floor more often as it is the best way to keep your bamboo floor looking like new.
- Enjoy the sparkling of your clean floor.
Things not to do
- Don’t pick any rough cleaning tool like a scrub brush.
- While using a vacuum, don’t use the beater bar and don’t use any heavyweight vacuum.
- Don’t use any cleaner that you can use to clean your bathroom or car.
- Always avoid using a steam mop on a bamboo floor.
- Avoid saturating water or too much cleaner on your bamboo floor.
- When getting any cleaning equipment, don’t forget to read the reviews by the customers to get a clear and genuine idea of the product.
Make sure to use the right gear and tools to reduce the chance of any damage. There are a number of highly-recommended cleaning tools available in the market for bamboo floors. Make sure to check them out!